Applying for Dennis Township Preschool:
- The application period for 2023-2024 school year will be open starting on February 1, 2023 and ending on March 17, 2023.
- Only new students need to fill out the registration form.
- Click here for the 2023-2024 Dennis Township Preschool Registration Form.
- The Dennis Township free preschool program is open to Dennis Township residents with children who are 3 years old but do not turn 5 years old on or before October 1, 2023.
- Space is limited. Depending on the number of interested students, a lottery may be necessary to determine which students can be enrolled. Parents will be informed of lottery specifics, if a lottery is needed.
- If you are currently enrolled in the preschool program, you do not need to reapply.
- Click here to see the Preschool Supply List.
About Our Program:
- We are a collaborative team of teachers, paraprofessionals, therapists, and administrators working together to get to know and develop a positive relationship with each child and his/her family to foster developmental growth and build a foundation for their future of success in education.
- Our program is full day, as mandated by the NJDOE, and we follow the district calendar.
- We have 7 preschool classes and each class has a maximum of 15 students.
- Each classroom is staffed with a certified teacher and a highly qualified paraprofessional.
- We use The Creative Curriculum:
- A research-based program that teaches children to be creative, confident thinkers
- Project based investigations called “studies” allow for hands on exploration and discovery opportunities to make learning engaging and meaningful for every child
- Teachers use Teaching Strategies GOLD, an authentic, ongoing observational system for assessing students that is based on 38 goals and objectives for development and learning
- The Power and Importance of Learning Through Play
- When children play…
- They acquire language
- They problem solve
- They explore social roles
- They control behaviors and feelings
- Through play, children learn about…
- The world around them
- Other people
- Other communities
- Their community
- Details about our program:
- Free full day program 8:55am-3:15pm
- Free transportation available
- Before and after school care available
- Questions and concerns can be directed to Christina Kelley (Preschool Master Teacher) [email protected] or Jamie Lynn VanArtsdalen (Principal) at [email protected] or (609) 861-2821 ext 102
Please follow the district’s Facebook page and visit www.dtschools.org for more information, updates, and announcements about our program!