SPECIAL ADVERTISEMENT - BOARD MEMBER VACANCY, DENNIS TOWNSHIP
Notice is hereby given that the Dennis Township Board of Education is accepting recommendations for qualified candidates to fill a vacancy for the Board until the January 2018 organizational meeting of the Board. Persons who wish to serve as Board members beyond that organizational meeting of the Board, must run in the November, 2017 election for Board membership for the remainder of that term.
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS: N.J.S.A. 18A:12-1
Qualifications of Office –
- A Board member must be a citizen of the United States.
- A Board member must be a resident of the district the member represents and must have been such for at least one year immediately preceding the member's election or appointment.
- A Board member may not be convicted of a disqualifying offense as provided by law.
- A Board member must be able to read and write.
- A Board member must be registered to vote in the district and not disqualified from voting pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:4-1.
- A Board member cannot concurrently hold office as mayor or a member of the governing body of Dennis Township.
Interested applicants should submit a written request for consideration to Paige Sharp-Rumaker, Board Secretary at 601 Hagen Road, Cape May Court House, NJ 08210 no later than 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 26, 2017. Candidates for the vacancy will be interviewed at the Public Hearing on Monday, May 1, 2017 beginning at 6:30 PM.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION.
Paige Sharp-Rumaker, School Business Administrator/Board Secretary