SPECIAL ADVERTISEMENT - BOARD MEMBER VACANCY, DENNIS TOWNSHIP
Notice is hereby given that the Dennis Township Board of Education is accepting recommendations for qualified candidates to fill a vacancy for the Board until the January 2022 organizational meeting of the Board.
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS: N.J.S.A. 18A:12-1
Qualifications of Office –
- A Board member must be a citizen of the United States.
- A Board member must be a resident of the district the member represents and must have been such for at least one year immediately preceding the member's election or appointment.
- A Board member may not be convicted of a disqualifying offense as provided by law.
- A Board member must be able to read and write.
- A Board member must be registered to vote in the district and not disqualified from voting pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:4-1.
- A Board member cannot concurrently hold office as mayor or a member of the governing body of Dennis Township.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest to Paige Sharp-Rumaker, Board Secretary at 601 Hagen Road, Cape May Court House, NJ 08210 no later than 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 24, 2020. Candidates for the vacancy will be interviewed at the Board of Education Meeting on Tuesday, December 1, 2020 beginning at 5:30 PM.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION.
Paige Sharp-Rumaker, School Business Administrator/Board Secretary